Why hair transplant?
Before understanding the process of hair transplant, let us understand its need first. when the possibility of hair growth from medicines is almost nil, the medicines can no longer be helpful in curing hair fall/alopecia problem. There is only one solution to go for hair transplant where your natural hair is implanted specifically in case of androgenetic alopecia, hair transplant is a better option. In androgenic alopecia male hormone testosterone gets converted into DHT (Di- Hydro Testosterone) which is responsible for thinning of hair, and due to which the roots of hair start damaging very rapidly. Other indications for hair transplant apart from androgenic alopecia are-
- FRONTAL ALOPECIA
- TRAUMATIC ALOPECIA
- SCARRING ALOPECIA
Time Required for Hair Transplant: At a one-time maximum, 6000 hair can be transplanted and this procedure takes around 6 hours.
Nowadays, two methods are available for hair transplant:-
- FUT Hair Transplant
- FUE Hair Transplant
What is a hair transplant?
A process of extracting hair from one area and transfer them to another area is called hair transplant. In routine practice, this kind of hair transplant has been done in the past to treat Alopecia disorders, and nowadays even eyebrows, mustache, and beard hair are being transplanted. The area where the hair is extracted is called the donor area and the area where the hair is implanted is called the recipient area.
DO’S AND DONT’S IN HAIR TRANSPLANT:
- Hair transplant surgery is not done again and again so don’t go for a cheap surgery and consult with a skilled hair transplant surgeon.
- Don’t go for a hair spa before hair transplant.
- If you are on any blood thinners stop the medication 1-2 weeks before transplant after consulting your doctor.
- After hair transplant take the medications as prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep your scalp clean.
BENEFITS OF HAIR TRANSPLANT
- The only way to get natural hair is a hair transplant.
- A person’s hair is used not anyone else.
- It is a totally safe surgical technique.
- Long durability of transplanted hair.